The patio is a paved outdoor area near a house. There are numerous pressure washers to clean the patio. Let’s discuss the procedure of cleaning patio with pressure washers in detail.
It’s an easier and quicker way to clean than other methods.
Brief Cleaning Process
- Ensure the patio is completely cleared of lawn furniture, umbrellas, pots, plants, and decorations. Spread cat litter over the patio surface to absorb spills, oil, grease, and other liquids. Allow it to dry. Then sweep or vacuum it up.
- If your patio has stains, decide if a pressure washer detergent will help you remove them. If you are using a cold-water pressure washer, choose a detergent suitable for hot water. If a pressure washer you are using has a detergent chamber, use an injectable detergent, and if it does not, use a spray-bottle detergent. If you use one, pour the detergent into the detergent chamber of your pressure washer, or apply it directly to the patio surface. If you pour detergent onto the patio, wait 10 minutes before cleaning it with pressure washer water. Once the detergent chamber of the pressure washer is full, start spraying the patio immediately with pressure washer water.
- It will be best if you point the pressure washer’s water stream downward toward the patio at an angle. Cover the entire patio surface with broad, sweeping motions, going back and forth in one direction and then the other direction. The water broom attachment, which creates an extended, fanlike spray of water from the pressure washer, is an option for very large patios.
Features of pressure washer for Patio Cleaning
- Different jet nozzle
- The different nozzle helps clean parts of the patio without causing damage.
- The longer hose
- It helps to keep the machine in one place while you are cleaning
Cons of using Pressure Washer for Patio
A pressure washer can sometimes cause surface degradation, few marks, severe pitting, and irreversible damage to the joint sand present between each paving slab. This damage is often caused by using a higher pressure than necessary to clean the pavement. The reality of cleaning a patio is that one does not need too much force to clean the patio effectively, so be careful with the power applied.
Using a pressure washer to clean our patio and paths will make them appear much better, stop them from becoming slippery to walk, and reduce the danger of slipping.
We also should make sure that the right washer is being used because if it is too powerful, it will cause damage to the surface; subsequently, if it is too weak, the grime won’t get removed. The company Karcher is famous for selling a special hose with a filter as an extra option for many of its models. It Costs about £34, and this filter can help the washer utilize water from a rain tank as well. Patiop cleaning as we have discussed is very important and not very easy. Great care is required in all depatments to make thigns work.